Malawi Fertilizer Company (MFC) invites applications from suitably qualified and result driven candidates for consideration for the following position, which is tenable at the Head Office in Lilongwe:
POSITION: IT CCTV ENGINEER
Reporting to the IT CCTV Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preforming accurate camera/security tech asset inventory surveys in Liwonde regularly
- To assist Lilongwe, Blantyre, Mzuzu staff with camera repair operations and travel to said locations if necessary
- Taking detailed field notes and completing daily electronic logs
- Installation and maintenance of video surveillance and security equipment throughout the Malawi
- Preforming preventatives maintenance and repairs of CCTV equipment and machinery
- To Test all products ensuring the exact specification and quality is met and completing the task within the agreed timescales.
- Operating robotic camera equipment
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Other required duties as assigned
- To Support existing Malawi customers with their Surveillance products in line with the Meridian-based technical support function.
- Provide IT troubleshooting solutions
- Ensure that all IT requirements of a company are fulfilled
- Ensure the smooth functioning of all IT infrastructure such as servers and network connections, besides hardware and software
- Ensuring security of the physical and virtual components of Information Technology such as security of the server rooms and installing virus protections and firewalls
- Organizing data, storing them securely and creating backups.
- To be knowledgeable and up to date on all Meridian apps
- To ensure all Liwonde Camera apps users are trained on app uses
- Support MFC users with Meridian Apps for Logistics, Weighbridge and Lab where necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in ICT
- Certificate in CCTV or equivalent
- 3 years in CCTV
- 3 verifiable CCTV Installation
- Projects with 12+ Cameras.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Those meeting the requirements should send their applications with detailed CV’s and at least three traceable referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
Malawi Fertilizer Company Ltd
P.O. Box 1631
Closing date is Monday, 17th January 2022.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.