POSITION: IT GRADUATE TRAINEE
An exciting and challenging opportunity has risen within Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (Malawi) Limited, a leading financial services provider within the Old Mutual Group of companies specialized in insurance, savings and investment.
Applications are invited to fill the role.
KEY RESULT AREAS
The role will be responsible for the following:
- Developing high quality software code in accordance with established company standards and development guidelines.
- Developing knowledge of the company’s application portfolio, development tools. and development procedures.
- Assisting in design of application solutions that fully Implement business requirements.
- Producing technical documentation that accurately and thoroughly depicts the software design and code base.
- Performing adequate unit testing of own and other developers’ application development work.
- Expeditiously troubleshoot application production issues that resolve the issues without causing additional problems.
- Reviewing and analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and developing strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Providing updates on work in progress, work completed, work planned. and issues potentially affecting the on-time completion or quality level of work.
- Defining and documenting e2e User Acceptance test case scenarios/ planning for application fixes in liaison with business function and ensuring all application changes are change managed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Completed degree in IT, Computer Science, Business/Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of 65% aggregate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Experience with programming in a database query language will be an added advantage.
- Ability to recognize competence level of the user and address each situation appropriately.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Willingness to contribute to a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to balance. prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Must have either Software Development and Business Analysis passion.
MODE OF APPLICATION
In order to apply visit our Website (www.oldmutual.co.mw), click About Us. open Careers and APPLY for the vacancy. Make sure you upload your motivational letter, updated CV with three traceable referees, and copies of relevant certificates.
Please take note that manual applications will not be considered.
The closing date for receiving applications is Monday, 08th February 2021.