St John of God College of Health Sciences is an integral part of Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Malawi. The College provides University level training in Bachelor of Science in Mental Health-Psychiatric Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine (Mental Health), Diploma in Nursing (Registered Nurse) and Diploma in Psychosocial Counselling.
The institution is looking for suitable candidates to fill the following post:
LECTURER IN BASIC SCIENCES
Reporting to the Dean of Academic Programs, the Lecturer will be responsible for the delivery of both pre-
and post-registration teaching in the college, as well as playing an essential role in planning, developing and
evaluating course modules.
Responsibilities (which include, but are not limited to):
- Preparing lectures and deliver course content in a professional and timely manner
- Preparing and administering formative and summative assessments
- Preparing and conducting clinical teaching and assessments
- Critically analysing students’ performance in the subjects, he/she is responsible for according to set standards and make adjustments accordingly
- Initiating and conducting health related research.
- Master’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences or Medical Laboratory Sciences from an accredited institution
- A minimum of two years’ clinical and teaching experience from an accredited tertiary education institution.
- Current registration with Medical Council of Malawi
- Strict adherence to our Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy
- Willingness to work with mentally challenged persons and their families.
Those who previously applied for the above-mentioned positions need not to re-apply.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with Curriculum Vitae stating at least three traceable referees including email addresses and mobile phone numbers to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Saint John of God Hospitaller Services
P. O. Box 744
Closing date: Monday, 27th June, 2022.