St John of God College of Health Sciences is an integral part of Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Malawi. The College provides University level training in Bachelor of Science in Mental Health-Psychiatric Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine (Mental Health), Diploma in Nursing (Registered Nurse) and Diploma in Psychosocial Counselling.
The institution is looking for suitable candidates to fill the following posts:
LECTURER IN MIDWIFERY
Reporting to the Head of Nursing Department, the Lecturer in Midwifery will be expected to teach student midwives at undergraduate level: planning, managing and leading lectures, tutorials and seminars, and facilitating student-led groups such asinvolvement in the assessment of students, as well as in the development and evaluation of teaching and assessment strategies
Responsibilities (which include, but not limited to);
- Teaching all the required clinical nursing/midwifery courses
- Preparing and administering formative and summative assessments
- Assisting in supervising research students in writing their dissertations
- Initiating and conducting health related research.
- Master’s Degree in Midwifery from an accredited and internationally recognised institution.
- A minimum of two years’ clinical and teaching experience in a recognised tertiary education institution.
- Duly registered with Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi
- Adherence to our Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy
- Willingness to work with mentally challenged people and children with disability and their families.
Those who previously applied for the above-mentioned positions need not to re-apply.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with Curriculum Vitae stating at least three traceable referees including email addresses and mobile phone numbers to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Saint John of God Hospitaller Services
P. O. Box 744
Closing date: Monday, 27th June, 2022.