St John of God College of Health Sciences is an integral part of Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Malawi. The College provides University level training in Bachelor of Science in Mental Health-Psychiatric Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine (Mental Health), Diploma in Nursing (Registered Nurse) and Diploma in Psychosocial Counselling.The institution is looking for suitable candidates to fill the following post:
LECTURER IN NURSING EDUCATION
Reporting to the Head of Nursing Department, the Lecturer in Nursing Education will be responsible for the delivery of both pre-and post-registration teaching in the college, as well as playing an essential role in planning, developing and evaluating course modules.
Responsibilities (which include, but not limited to);
- Preparing lectures and deliver course content in a professional and timely manner
- Collaborate with the placement coordinator for students’ practicum
- Preparing and administering formative and summative assessments
- Initiating and conducting health related research.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing Education from an accredited and internationally recognised institution.
- A minimum of two years’ clinical and teaching experience in a tertiary education institution
- Duly registered with Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi
- Adherence to our Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy
- Willingness to work with the mentally challenged people and children with disability and their families.
Those who previously applied for the above-mentioned positions need not to re-apply.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with Curriculum Vitae stating at least three traceable referees including email addresses and mobile phone numbers to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Saint John of God Hospitaller Services
P. O. Box 744
Closing date: Monday, 27th June, 2022.