POSITION: MARKETING OFFICER – MARKETING ENERGISING DEVELOPMENT (EnDev)
United Purpose (UP) Malawi is an international non-governmental organisation working to create opportunities for lasting improvement in peoples’ lives. We work in partnership with others to support a range of livelihoods and food security, WASH and health, sustainable energy and gender equality programmes reaching over 1,000,000 people a year across Malawi. Globally, we work in nine countries across Africa, Asia and South America, however our Malawi programme is by far and away our largest and most established country programme. UP currently operates in 17 districts in Malawi, supporting 24 on-going projects, and a team of 180. With funding from Energising Development (EnDev), Concern Universals (CU) Sustainable Energy Management Unit (SEMU) is implementing a project to strengthen the cleaner cookstove market, by providing direct support to the distribution, marketing and sales of the Chitetezo Mbaula across 13 districts in Southern Malawi.
UP is seeking to recruit one experienced Marketing Officer to join our team and facilitate stove marketing and promotional activities under this innovative project. It will be a demanding role which will require a dedicated and proactive approach.
The Marketing Officer has responsibility for sales, marketing and promotion activities, ensuring that targets are met and all issues are reported to management in a timely manner. They will also be responsible for planning and reporting.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support designing and procurement of relevant marketing and promotion materials
- Conduct roadshows to drive awareness and sales
- Support organisation and facilitation of promotion events.
- Identify retail outlets and ensure continuous supply of stoves for sale
- Facilitate distribution of stoves from warehouse to retail outlets.
- Undertake any duties assigned by the line manager
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Experience of marketing and promotion of products
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar position
- Diploma: Marketing or Business Management
- Knowledge and understanding relating to Chitetezo Mbaula
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills essential
- Analytical thinking, problem solving and decision-making ability
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chichewa
- Desirable – experience with decentralised energy businesses.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please visit: http://united-purpose.org/s/Job-Application-Form.doc to download the Application Form, and then submit the completed form via email only to: applicationsmw@united‐purpose.org
When submitting, please put YOUR NAME_ [POSITION APPLIED] in the email title and application form. Any applications that do not include this in the title will not be considered.
No hard copy / physical applications will be accepted. Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms is midnight of Wednesday, 11th August 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about UP, please visit our website at www.unitedpurpose.org/malawi/ .