Sonda Technical and Vocational Institute is a Community Based non- governmental organization aimed at creating self-reliance among youths and members of the rural and urban communities through various vocational and skills training in courses like: Bricklaying, Carpentry and Joinery, Cosmetology, Electrical Installation & Electronics, Solar Photo Voltaic, Tailoring and Fashion Designing, to add up with a Metal Fabrication & Welding course.
The Institution is therefore looking for suitable qualified candidates to fill the vacant position Metal fabrication & Welding Instructor on contract for an agreed period renewable.
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
- Malawi Advanced Craft Certificate, or a minimum of Malawi TEVET Certificate Level 3 or its equivalent
- Three years practicing experience as an artisan in the trade
- Age between 25-45 years
- Must come from within 10 km radius of Sonda Technical and Vocational Institute
- Applicants with a Training of Trainers certificate will have an added advantage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for vocational and entrepreneurial training
- Training students according to the Malawi TEVET harmonized curriculum
- Participate in production target set for the departments
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the management
- Take care of workshop tools and machines
All interested candidates should submit their applications together with copies of certificates and a Curriculum Vitae to:
Sonda Technical and Vocational Institute
P. O. Box 1075, Mzuzu.
Closing date for receiving applications is 10th August 2022.