Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance (GAIA) in partnership with World Education Inc. /Bantwana Initiative (WEI/Bantwana) is implementing a USAID funded Ana Patsogolo Program/ Project. The program sets out to change life trajectories for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and highly vulnerable adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Thyolo District in the Southern Region of Malawi. These two overlapping populations live with escalated and intersecting risks for HIV infection, gender based violence and poor sexual and reproductive health and we need to provide solutions by integrating social protection supports and health services that will enable them not only adhere to treatment but also to thrive to adulthood.
GAIA in partnership with Bantwana seeks to recruit highly motivated and suitably qualified individuals for the implementation of OVC activities in Thyolo district in the following available positions.
POSITION: MONITORING AND EVALUATION ASSISTANT
Location: Thyolo district.
The M&E Assistant will be responsible for ensuring timely collection, entry, processing, documentation and dissemination of all data and information relevant to Project and PMP reporting. He/ She will follow up and ensure timely collection of data, Check for completeness and reliability of data before entry into the database, ensure timely Data entry into the Database, Check for completeness of entered data against the physical data on forms/ tools and perform elementary data analysis to inform service delivery.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Compile and share data collection and entry timelines to all data collectors
- Follow-up with data collectors on all pending data requirements
- Support field data collection exercises whenever necessary.
- Prepare, compile and sort filled forms for data entry.
- Check source documents/ filled forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents and update data whenever necessary
- Accurately enter data from source documents/ forms into.Database.
- Analyze any data entry errors and report to immediate supervisor/ responsible person for correction
- Check completed work/ entered data for accuracy
- File/store entered forms in designated locations.
- Maintain a record of activities/ tasks undertaken.
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Comply with data integrity and security policies e.g. confidentiality.
- Support data quality assessment exercise
- Perform elementary analysis to identify outliers in the database and inform responsible person for corrective action.
- Develop and share monthly Data fact sheets for any data that may be required to inform service delivery at operational level.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Advanced Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics; Demography, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Information Technology and any other related disciplines.
- Evidence of Additional hands on training, coaching and mentorship in Monitoring and Evaluation
- 3 years’ work experience on development projects where research and data analysis skills have been applied;
- Familiarity with management of information systems, and use of electronic databases;
- Good working knowledge of major databases and analytical programs including MS access, MS excel, STATA, SPSS and Epi Data.
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking;
- Good verbal communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All those interested in the vacant positions and are meeting the minimum requirements should send their curriculum Vitae, cover letter and copies of certified certificates to:
The Country Director
Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance
P.O. Box 51428
Or email to: email@example.com
The subject of the email should be titled the position being applied for”.
Only shortlisted candidates who have suitable requirements for the job will be communicated to for interviews.
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday 27th October 2021.