Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance (GAIA) in partnership with World Education Inc. /Bantwana Initiative (WEI/Bantwana) is implementing a USAID funded Ana Patsogolo Program/ Project. The program sets out to change life trajectories for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and highly vulnerable adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Thyolo District in the Southern Region of Malawi. These two overlapping populations live with escalated and intersecting risks for HIV infection, gender based violence and poor sexual and reproductive health and we need to provide solutions by integrating social protection supports and health services that will enable them not only adhere to treatment but also to thrive to adulthood.
GAIA in partnership with Bantwana seeks to recruit highly motivated and suitably qualified individuals for the implementation of OVC activities in Thyolo district in the following available positions.
POSITION: MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
Location: Thyolo district.
The M&E Officer will provide M&E technical support to WUBP team and give capacity building support to project staff, CSO and local government partners. The M&E Officer will support the development and implementation of data collection systems, ensure data quality and accurate reporting in a timely manner. The M&E Officer will also support the team to use data to build evidence for improved programming and advocacy with government, CSO and private sector partners.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation and learning frame work for the program ensuring data systems established can measure progress against impact.
- Support the implementation and ongoing of all MEL processes, systems and guidance including leading the design and rolling out of reporting initiatives of the program.
- Update and review the M&E plan (MEP) on an annual basis so as to ensure all M&E needs and requirements are documented and adhered to.
- Develop internal Database for all activity tools by working closely with the data base developer or the M&E Assistant to develop the internal data base.
- Maintenance of the data bases: Conduct Quarterly data Quality Assessments to ensure accuracy and consistency in the data that is entered.
- Coordinate / manage all the MEL related activities across all levels of the program including:
- Conduct trainings to support partners and staff in the use of the systems and tools for record keeping and collecting monitoring data.
- Lead on the consolidation of monitoring data for reporting against the performance indicators for donor reporting and internal program review.
- Review and analyze project monitoring data and generate user –friendly analyses thereof, including the use of graphics;
- Conduct support Supervision visits to implementing partners to observe, monitor and provide guidance and quality feedback on the use of data collection tools.
- Work closely with the Project Manager, country director and other WUBP program staff to develop data collection plans and methodologies;
- Review / develop the data collection Tools for various programs to enable WUBP field team collect data for both Wellspring and OAK project indicators
- Provide M&E support to the senior management team for the compilation and completion of donor reports.
- Share performance reports with WUBP Staff and management on a monthly basis to support management decision making and take lead in reflections about performance with the WUBP team.
- Build capacity of local communities, partners and staff on the Results framework, data management (specifically record keeping and management) and results-oriented programming; and report writing techniques; and requirements to ensure compliance.
- Support the M&E assistant to ensure accurate, timely reports are produced.
- Support partners in compilation of monthly and quarterly progress reports.
- Share OVC MIS data with respective district Probation officers on a quarterly basis.
- Conduct quarterly routine monitoring of activities to ensure that work plans are being implemented.
- Conduct bi-annual analysis of progress against program targets and sharing across program and partner teams through quarterly technical reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Social Sciences, Economics, or related field. Those with advanced training in M&E, statistics, or economics will have an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ professional experience in an M&E positions responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing data collection tool, and data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience in capacity building for Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for evaluations and external data quality assessments.
- Good working knowledge of major databases and at least 2 analytical programs including MS access, MS excel, STATA, SPSS and Epi Data, and GIS
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent in oral and written English and excellent writing skills
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and tight deadlines.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All those interested in the vacant positions and are meeting the minimum requirements should send their curriculum Vitae, cover letter and copies of certified certificates to:
The Country Director
Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance
P.O. Box 51428
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the email should be titled the position being applied for”.
Only shortlisted candidates who have suitable requirements for the job will be communicated to for interviews.
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday 27th October 2021.