POSITION: MONITORING, EVALUATION, RESEARCH AND LEARNING (MERL) OFFICER
Pact, with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission in Malawi, is implementing a 5-year project (2019 – 2024) called Restoring Fisheries for Sustainable Livelihoods in Lake Malawi (REFRESH). The project objectives include strengthening fisheries governance and the regulatory framework, improving and further decentralizing ecosystem-based fisheries management, and catalyzing and supporting commercialization of conservation enterprises to counter unsustainable fishing.
Pact is inviting suitable candidates to fill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Officer.
Reporting to the MERL Specialist, the MERL Officer is responsible for supporting the implementation of the REFRESH Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan. The MERL Officer will regularly travel to the field to conduct supervision of data collection and support implementing partners with timely submission of data, and ensuring that high quality clean data is available for adaptive management and also communication to different audiences.
- Degree in Statistics, Natural Resource Management, Social Sciences or other related field.
- At least four years of relevant experience in the field of M&E on USAID or other donor-funded awards.
- High degree of proficiency in statistical packages particularly SPSS.
- Experience in using mobile data collection software such as iFormBuilder, ODK or KoBo.
- Experience using ArcGIS in map production and spatial analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience with data quality assessments and oversight, developing and refining data collection tools and analyzing data, and managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers and/or subgrantees.
- Experience in supporting the documentation and dissemination of the project’s results and best practices.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills (attention to detail is required); flexibility and capacity to multi-task.
- Ability to travel at least 40% of the time.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Direct applications to:
The HR/Operations Officer
PO Box 1013
Or hand delivered at PACT Malawi offices, Amina House not later than 11th October, 2021.