CDH Investment Bank is licensed under the Banking Act by the Reserve Bank of Malawi to provide full banking services. The bank opened for business on 2nd April 2012 and has banking centres in Blantyre and Lilongwe.
Being part of Continental Holdings limited which is a vibrant financial services group, CDH Investment Bank is a unique formation in the financial services sector as it is designed to provide unique banking solutions in Malawi.
In this regard, CDH Investment Bank requires highly skilled, motivated, and innovative people that will fit the corporate ambitions of a highly creative and innovative bank.
The bank therefore invites applications from suitably qualified Individuals for the following position:
Investment Banking Manager – Listings and corporate finance/balance sheet restructurings
The investment Banking Manager provides support in the development of comprehensive investment banking and financial advisory strategies for the bank. The role requires leadership In large and medium private sector investment banking deals with focus on balance sheet restructuring and In raising long term finance through listings.
The position holder is required to:
Lead in identifying and closing deal opportunities for balance sheet restructuring services and listings of debt and equity securities on exchanges as a lead arranger with particular emphasis on increasing client returns. Lead in identifying clients through direct selling or collaborative efforts with approved partners of the Bank; facilitate mergers and acquisition transactions and underwriting; and lead in financial intermediation by organizing clients to issue new shares and other securities. An expert in capital markets, securities laws and regulations and project management, the manager will be expected to have good entrepreneurial and adaptive qualities in line with evolving markets. The manager shall also actively manage relationships expected of an investment banker
- Sales – The manager shall lead in sourcing/identifying corporate balance sheet restructuring and listings opportunities and lead in their origination and execution within the bank’s target market.
- Transaction execution – The manager shall play the role of lead advisor and team leader In deal executions in balance sheet restructurings and listings transactions. The manager shall lead a team of analysts and other external and internal experts in executing deals.
- Fee income generation – The manager shall be accountable for revenue and expenditure budgets.
- Customer relationship management – The manager shall manage key market stakeholder relationships and foster cross selling across all bank channels.
- Leadership-The manager shall lead a team of analyst and associates in investment banking.
- Knowledge in Investment Banking.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Strong in learning agility and capable of assimilating new information
- Resilient with strong ability to meet deadlines, and a drive for results.
- Highly developed entrepreneurial insight with capacity to attract and retain customers.
- An ability to network on high level both local and international platforms.
- Team player and results oriented.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A post graduate degree in Business Administration or MSc in Banking, Finance, Economics Of equivalent from a recognized University.
- A chartered accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst will have an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in financial modelling.
- At least 10 years experience in treasury, banking, and finance.
- Local industry experience.
The position offers a remuneration package and benefits commensurate with its seniority, level of skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above may forward applications in person, by post or email to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 20th May 2022.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- Certified copies of academic qualifications;
- Certified copy of valid national identity document/passport; and
- Details of three contactable referees.
Please note applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
CDH Investment Bank Limited
P.O Box 1444