Unik Construction Engineering was founded in 1996 as a small Botswana based building Contractor. Today it is a formidable organization with branches in Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, Kenya, Mauritius and South Africa. We specialize in large scale projects ranging from road and bridge construction, water and sewer services, residential, commercial, industrial buildings and infrastructure development.
We are currently in the market looking for an Occupational Health and Safety(OHS) Officer for the M1 road rehabilitation project for our branch office in Malawi.
The OHS Officer will facilitate compliance with the Occupational Safety Health and Welfare (OSHWA)Act guidelines on the site . He/she will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
Duties & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Supporting the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Advising and instructing on various safety-related topics.
- Conducting risk assessment and enforcing preventative measures.
- Reviewing existing policies and measures and updating according to legislation.
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and management.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-compliance (e.g. not using protective equipment).
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle workers’ compensation claims.
- Provide reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to management.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- The applicant must hold either a Diploma or Bachelor of science Degree in Health and Safety related field or its equivalent.
- At least 7 years of post graduate years of experience as a Safety and Health Officer; out of which 5 years should be on road construction projects.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (OSHWA) and procedures .
- Prior experience and willingness to work in a fast paced and stressful environment
Package & Remuneration
If you are up for the challenge, then we are looking forward to your application. Please submit your application letter, CV and professional certificates to: email@example.com before 7th August 2022.
Please do not apply if you do not meet all of the requirements desired.