Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population. With funding from CDC through Lighthouse Trust (LHT), MACRO is implementing the Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services: The Pivot Project and will be extending its services to the Central and Northern districts of Ntchisi, Lilongwe, Mzimba, Rumphi, Nkhatabay and Likoma.
In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions tenable in health facilities of the districts listed above.
POSITION: OFFICE ASSISTANT – LILONGWE (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Administration Officer, the Office Assistant provides housekeeping and administrative support services.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures cleanliness of office premises
- Coordinates administrative support functions like photocopying, duplicating and binding official documents
- Processes/Sorts incoming and outgoing mail
- Manages inventory related to office supplies includes cleaning materials.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be able to work with people from different backgrounds
- Must have good time management skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is Sunday, 22nd August, 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.