Msilikali SACCO, an affiliate of Malawi Union of Savings & Credit Cooperatives Ltd (MUSCCO), is a member owned and democratically controlled financial cooperative society that aims at providing quality and affordable financial services to its members (Malawi Defence Force Employees) , invites application from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions.
Operations and Credit Manager – Lilongwe.
Reporting to the General Manager, will be responsible for the day-to-day SACCO operations, including oversight of the management of operational functions including Business Development, Information Technology, Lending and Credit Control, Data Protection and Marketing.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the management and development of operational staff across all branches, and the strategic management of services to members, while ensuring alignment with the overall objectives to the strategic plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Explore and develop new business lines for the SACCO to ensure steady and sustained growth
- Ensure an efficient service is provided to members while ensuring the highest standards of service is achieved in line with the SACCOs business objectives.
- Advise & Support the General Manager on the day-to-day operational management and in the development and implementation of the SACCO Strategic Plan, and delivery of business goals and targets.
- Lead and Manage the Lending function of the SACCO.
- Oversee the Marketing, Credit Control, Data Protection and IT functions and ensure all relevant targets and objectives are articulated and achieved.
- Ensure operational budgets are managed in line with Board approved financial projections in conjunction with the General Manager and Finance Manager.
- Leading the implementation of high standards of member service focusing on evolving the service model towards a member-oriented, digital environment.
- Implementation and monitoring of the systems and controls as outlined by the Risk, Compliance and internal audit function of the SACCO, and proactively engage in mitigating risk.
- Provide timely and adequate management reporting on operational KPIs.
- Ensuring adequate internal controls are in place and tested to safeguard the assets of the SACCO.
- Responsible for the security of personnel, cash operations, and overall security of the SACCO including key-holding, CCTV, alarms, maintenance etc.
- Overseeing the people management function for the Operational teams and ensuring all relevant policies, procedures and systems are implemented and updated as appropriate.
- Demonstrating vision and purpose by being a role model to all team members.
- Participating in all relevant meetings and committees as directed by the General Manager.
- To undertake all other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the General Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration / Marketing / Finance/ Banking or Economics or equivalent from a recognized University with 5 years working experience in financial industry
- Understanding of SACCO or Financial Cooperative business model
- Ability to motivate and lead employees
- Knowledge of Fin-Financials Core banking system or any banking system
- Great interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be forwarded to the addressee below not later than 20th May 2022.
The General Manager
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged. MSILIKALI SACCO is an equal opportunity employer.