World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for employment with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision International in Malawi is currently looking for a dedicated professional Christian to fill the following vacant position of Communications and External Engagement Manager under the Global Fund Project.
If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
Position: Communications and External Engagement Manager-Global Fund Project (Grade 16)
1 Position based at National Office in Lilongwe District
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP) for the Global Fund Program, the Communications and External Engagement Manager is responsible for spearheading strategic initiatives and planning, coordination, management and delivery of the World Vision Global fund integrated marketing, public relations, and strategic communications function.
The Communications and External Engagement Manager will work with both external and internal constituencies to deliver on key communication initiatives for promotion, coordination, empowerment and program implementation, through the following focus areas.
I. Strategy in Communication
• The overall planning, organization, and direction of Global fund project communication strategies and public information activities and championing the project goals with media elites, policymakers, funders, and leaders in higher education.
• Develops and implements GF External and Internal Communications Guidelines and Policies and ensure their adoption across the organization.
• Reviews and gives oversight to all external GF project communications, including articles, blogs, appeals, and social media, and ensure compliance with GF and World Vision’s brand guidelines.
• Develops, directs and delivers a communications and advocacy strategy with measurable outcomes, and ensure effective monitoring/evaluation and reporting
• Manage the communication of risk issues in order to protect the reputation of the organization
II. Donor/Public Engagement Communication
• Leads all aspects of supporting Grants Management in communications based on WVI best practices and technical guidelines working closely with GAM & Communications Departments.
• Productive writing, photography and packaging of feature stories and issues-oriented reports primarily focused GF Project
• Produces and regularly update sector tact sheets for donors.
• Manager all platforms including traditional media, social media, website and multi-media, in line with WV policies and communications department to raise the profile and visibility of projects grassroots activities and impact.
• Leads the production of quality documents for positioning WV GF efforts towards attaining child annual reports, publications, fact sheets, etc.
• Manage the communications planning and outputs for Global Fund
• Responsible for leading production of annual report
III. Media Communication
• Engages in the development and implementation of a quarterly work plan for meeting the strategic media objectives of GF WV project and ensuring that its media profile is increased.
• Compiles briefing documents for guest visiting WV GF Projects
• Liaises with National and Local Press to support media coverage
IV. Advocacy in Communication
• Works closely with Advocacy Director in ensuring advocacy messaging is leveraged through communication channels.
• Represents GF at external meetings as required, acting as key liaison with politicians, government officials, international agencies and local organizations.
• Ensures consistent messaging across the organization.
• Supports the development and implementation of quarterly work plan for meeting the strategic advocacy communication objectives of the WV GF and ensuring its advocacy profile is increased.
• Collaborate with WV advocacy colleagues to help define key issues, messaging and communications channels for public advocacy initiative
V. Internal Communication
• Overseas production of quarterly internal newsletter ensuring quality and oversight
Submits monthly, quarterly, semi-annual reports to your Supervisor.
• Supports the production of W GF publications.
• Increase the visibility of WV GF Visibility through existing and innovative channels.
Knowledge, qualification and experience required
• Degree in media, journalism, communications, public relations or related field from a recognized institution
• Experience in working in volatile environment or large scale humanitarian emergency
• Website and social media management experience
• Must possess excellent journalistic and photographic skills
• Ability to produce video and audio documentaries
• High skills in research, editing and report writing
• Knowledge and experience of Desk Top Publishing packages like Quark Xpress and Adobe Page Maker.
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities,
All interested candidates should visit : https://www.wvi.org/careers
Applicants should send a cover letter , a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable to:
not later than 25th June, 2022. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Free Line 847; email@example.com