World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for employment with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision International in Malawi is currently looking for a dedicated professional Christian to fill the following vacant position of Indoor Residual Spraying District Coordinator under the Global Fund Project.
If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
Indoor Residual Spraying District Coordinator- Global Fund Project (Grade 14)
1 position based in Nkhatabay District
Purpose of the position:
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the Global Fund Program, the District Coordinator is responsible for providing overall leadership and oversight in the development and implementation of the Malaria specifically the Indoor Residual Spraying project in the district.
The District Coordinator will focus on programmatic and management leadership and oversight for all aspects of the project’s IRS operations including campaign planning, technical assistance, training, logistical, operational support, supervision, and activity tracking and reporting.
The District Coordinator will be based at the district level, will work and coordinate closely with government counterparts in the district, and oversee the activities of project field staff and Temporary Seasonal workers in the district.
• Prepares and implements at district level robust IRS campaign planning efforts, including quantification of insecticides and equipment needs
• Prepares a district based work plan that guides implementation
• Develops spray calendar for the district that guides the IRS campaign
• Leads in recruiting seasonal workers for the district
• Develops and compiles District Indoor Residual Spraying Report
• Coordinates internal Budget versus Actuals meetings within the Project Management Unit (PMU)
• Networks and develops partnerships with local government officials including DHO, NGOs, local churches, and community leaders.
Knowledge, qualification and experience required
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health, Public Health or any health related.
• 3 years’ managerial experience in NGOs
• Eight (8) years of experience in managing Malaria programmes including IRS desirable.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required
• Experience in managing technical and administrative teams for donor- funded health projects.
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
All interested candidates should visit : https://www.wvi.org/careers
Applicants should send a cover letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable to:
Not later than 25th June, 2022. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Free Line 847; firstname.lastname@example.org