POSITION: POWER TECHNICIAN (9 POSTS)
Direct Supervisor: Power/Hardware Engineer
Location: Southern Zone (3), Eastern Zone (3) & Central Zone (3)
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation
- Under the supervision of Power/Hardware Engineer, the primary focus of the incumbent is to install photovoltaic systems, solar racking systems and inverters ensuring are done in accordance to design standards.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Install photovoltaic systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
- Identify and resolve any deficiencies in photovoltaic system installation or materials.
- Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified.
- Accurately layout and install solar racking systems per design on roof mounted systems.
- Mount and wire PV modules per specified design.
- Installation of Inverters.
- Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes.
- Installation of battery systems.
- Wiring of the Power backup system from Solar panels to Inverters to batteries and clearly labeling all cables and DBs.
- Determine materials, equipment, and installation sequences necessary to maximize installation efficiency.
- Trunking and cabling works for PV power systems
- New Systems commissioning and old systems decommissioning
- Adhere to daily and weekly schedules for project activities as directed by your supervisor.
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Diploma/Certificate in Electrical engineering or Renewable Energy
- Hands on Experience in Electrical installation works. Those with experience of Solar PV Systems will have an added advantage
- Solid knowledge of MERA electrical practices and standards. MERA certification is an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Site safety practices and standards
- Visual thinker good at problem solving and implementing ideas
- Experience operating hand and power tools, soldering and fault-testing equipment.
- Ability to climb ladders, bend and kneel repeatedly and work at heights and confined spaces
- Physically fit and able to carry heavy objects
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
APPLY THROUGH LINK:
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood.
For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential.
The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC, women and non-binary, LGBTQIA+, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other members of marginalized communities.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com
Closing date: 17th May, 2022.