Applications are invited from suitably qualified, persons of Malawi origin to fill the following vacant position tenable in the company.
POSITION: PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (MACHINIST) – GRADE EG 9 (CHICHIRI CENTRAL WORKSHOP-BLANTYRE)
- Holder of City and Guilds Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification
- At least three years’ experience in manufacturing industry or maintenance
- Aged between 25 and 35
- Willing to work old hours
- Hands on machine shop experience will be an added advantage.
- Operating and maintaining lathe and milling machines
- Reviewing drawings, instructions, blue prints or samples to ensure accurate production
- Taking precise measurements for cutting or shaping
- Selecting appropriate machine and settings for a given task
- Planning proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment
- Maintaining inventory of completed products
- Checking output for quality assurance and documents or discards defects
- Identifying need for and performing machine maintenance and minor repairs
- Maintaining a safe and clean workstation.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application letters with comprehensive CV and three names and addresses of traceable referees should be received not later than 22 August 2021, addressed to:
Human Resources and Development Manager
Electricity Generation Company (MW) Ltd
Chayamba Building — Floor No. 4
P.O. Box 1567
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.