Foundation for Community and Capacity Development FOCCAD is a Malawian not for profit organization headquartered in Nkhotakota district. In order to fulfill its mandate effectively and efficiently with strategic leadership and management, an excellent and rare opportunity has risen to engage a qualified person to fill an executive management position of Program Manager.
This is a senior management and highly demanding position within the organization that calls for high level degree of maturity and integrity and demonstrable capacity to initiate administrative and managerial innovations geared at making FOCCAD vibrant and competitive institution.
The position involves engagement with key FOCCAD stakeholders including our funders.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Manager supervises all programs with specific responsibility in designing programs in FOCCADs strategic areas of health and nutrition, education, agriculture and livelihoods, advocacy and governance, youth and children and emergency and disaster management.
Reporting to: Executive Director
- Provide leadership in departmental program development and implementation ensuring that strategic objectives are met
- Ensure compliance and provide leadership and monitoring of the implementation of strategic objectives and plans
- Responsible for programs budget tracking, program expenditure and other assignments delegated by ED.
- Review and update program strategy
- Lead in production of annual and monthly work plans
- Ensure monthly program staff meetings are conducted and targets are met by all program staff
- Contribute to development of funding proposals
- Promote coordination and networking among programs with different stakeholders
- Ensure active information collection, sharing and analysis
- Support monitoring and evaluation, timely reporting and effective communication.
The candidate should have at least;
- Degree in any sciences, program management or development studies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all fields
- Strong negotiation and decision making skills.
- Positive and pragmatic approach to achieving results
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- High level maturity and experience in senior managerial position in an NGO setting.
- Strong knowledge of other computer statistical packages.
- Minimum of 5 or more years’ experience in Project Management with In-depth knowledge and understanding of integrated project planning models.
- Excellent presentational skills including written, interpersonal and public speaking, negotiation and diplomacy skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
P.O. Box 23
E-mail address: email@example.com
All applications to be received either by EMAIL by 16th March, 2022.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.