FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, Civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology- creating a unique mix of capabilities fo address today’s interrelated developmert challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all US states and teritories.
We seek qualified candidates for Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) Project. EPIC is a five-year global project funded by the Us President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and US Agency for International Development (USAID).
The project provides strategic technical assistance and directs service delivery fo break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national Hiv programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming.
The project delivers high-quality fechnical assistance af the community, facility, district, regional and national levels and builds relationships With relevant partners working fo address COVID-19.
In addition, EpiC receives COVID-19 funding to prevent, prepare for respond to and bolster health systems to address COVID-19 and reduce cases of reemergence. EpiC and its consorfium members currently implement COVID-19 activities in more than 60 countries worldwide.
Our ability to respond quickly to program, technical and proCurement needs leverages our deep bench of country-based clinical, program, and community experts.
The Program Officer will work with the Senior Technical Officer and Biomedical Engineers tc support the Liquid Oxygen (LOX) infrastructure implementation. The Program Officer will facilitate district and national stakeholder engagement for LOX system implementation; support coordination to conduct health facility readiness assessment with MoH Biomedical Engineers, Project Biomedical Engineers, and relevant departments in the Ministry of Health for LOX infrastructure procurement and installation; facilitate training of Healthcare Providers and Non- Clinical staff on LOX safety and medical oxygen use.
The position will represent the project in the Medical Oxygen task force and COVID technical working groups with Government, stakeholders, and implementing partners as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health related speciality (Nursing/ Clinical Medicine) or equivalent with 3-5 years of related experience in providing critical care to patients working in an Intensive Care unit (ICU) or High Dependency Unit (HDU).
- Master’s degree in Public Health will be an added advantage with knowledge of health and development programs in Malawi, including familiarity with relevant national guidelines, standards, and protocols.
- Familiarity with the Malawi Public Health sector at regional, district, and council levels and experience working wilh these teams.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates may apply online through FHI 360’s Career Center at https://www.fhi360.org/careers.
- Detailed Job Descriptions can be found at FHl 360 careers site.
- The closing date for receiving applications is August 12th, 2022. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.