The Catholic Development Commission in Malawi (CADECOM) is a relief and development arm of the Catholic Church, it aims at creating awareness and empowering the disadvantaged men, women and youths at all levels to undertake development which is integral, gender and environment sensitive, sustainable and which promotes justice, human dignity and self-reliance with the active participation of the people themselves so that they take up responsibility of their own destiny. CADECOM of the Archdiocese of Lilongwe is implementing a number of projects in the areas of Food security and livelihoods, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) among others.
With funding from German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through Hoffnungszeichen | Sign of Hope through Catholic Development Commission in Malawi (CADECOM) of the Episcopal Conference of Malawi (ECM), CADECOM is implementing a project called Strengthening of Small Holder Farmers Resilience and Self-Help Capacity against the Effects of Climate Change in Mchinji district.
CADECOM is working with smallholder farmers from six Traditional Authorities namely; Mlonyeni, Nyoka, Mavwere, Zulu, Simphasi and Mkanda. The aim is to initiate the important information on farmer’s resilience through self-help capacity by necessitating the skills and knowledge given by Front liners (CADECOM) and/or using the locally available materials in their communities.
Based on the fact stated above, CADECOM has initiated various interventions which include; FFS, VSL, VNRMC, Livestock pass-on Scheme, Bee keeping and production, Orchard, Cassava, Sweet potato, Nutrition, irrigation, Cooperatives and Association, Gender Action Forums (GAF), Citizen’s Voice Action and Networking System, Community By-Laws establishment and associated Awareness Campaigns.
This project runs until January, 2023.
As such, the following job vacancy has arisen in the CADECOM of the Lilongwe Archdiocese as part of the above-mentioned project implementation:
Position: Project Field Officer (1)-Full Time
Reporting. Project Coordinator
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
She/he will be responsible in implementing activities pertaining to the project at TA level in Mchinji district where she/he will be based.
- Conduct trainings and lead awareness raising to communities relating to project concepts
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely reports and liquidation after every activity
- Facilitate the implementation of livelihoods activities associated with the project such as; nutrition, agriculture or food security, water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Lead in community mobilization for the project
- Be the key data collector regarding the project at the project impact area level
- Come up with and document project success stories and lessons learnt.
- Promote networking with other stakeholders within the project impact areas.
- Participate together with other staff in regular planning, review, and coordination of project activities.
- Represent the project at fora at project impact area level
- Ensure CADECOM visibility at community, district and national level
- Do any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- At least a diploma in Agriculture, Rural Development, or any other related disciplines with 2 years experience.
- A good community mobilizer with strong organizational skills.
- Energetic and assertive with a positive mind – set.
- An excellent team player who employs a flexible work approach.
- A keen interest in rural development and community initiatives, as well as; willing to stay and work in Mchinji.
- Experienced facilitator.
- Experience in media for development as a tool for resource mobilization.
OTHER IMPORTANT SKILLS
- Hold a valid license to ride a Motor Bike
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Catholic values and the Catholic social teachings of the Church.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested qualifying individuals should send their motivation letters of up to one page, CV of maximum three pages and names of three traceable referees to:
The Archdiocesan CADECOM Secretary
Archdiocese of Lilongwe
P.O. Box 631
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With copy to:
Or hand delivered to CADECOM Lilongwe Offices in Likuni behind Likuni Mission Hospital.
Applications to reach him on and not later than 25th August, 2021.