Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population. With funding from CDC through Lighthouse Trust (LHT), MACRO is implementing the Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services: The Pivot Project and will be extending its services to the Central and Northern districts of Ntchisi, Lilongwe, Mzimba, Rumphi, Nkhatabay and Likoma.
In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions tenable in health facilities of the districts listed above.
POSITION: PROJECT MANAGER – MZUZU (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Head of Programs, the Project Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and overall management of project activities offering technical guidance to the teams.
Provide technical leadership in HIV service delivery, which includes:
- Provide technical and strategic leadership in implementation of quality HIV Testing Services (HTS) modalities including PITC, index testing services and HIV self-testing within supported districts
- Coordinate HRH related activities such as staffing needs, training needs assessment, HTS staff deployment and capacity building of service providers
- Ensure quality control activities including PT, observed practice and EQA are being implemented in supported sites
- Support the project officers to ensure HDAs collect timely viral load and EID samples from all eligible clients and results are documented accordingly
- Work with project officers to ensure strategies to improve linkage, adherence and retention in care based on risk assessment are implemented
- Capacity building and updating MACRO district teams on new developments in COVID outbreak response programming
- Provide technical support to health facilities in case surveillance, treatment, and IPC for COVID -19
- Coordinate generation of HIV specific weekly, biweekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Data for decision making: Analyze district and facility-specific granular data on HTS, care and treatment data and provide timely feedback to implementing teams
- Conduct routine supportive supervision visit to sites to offer mentorship and capacity building to staff
- Participate in TWG, advisor Groups and other steering task forces at District and National levels
- Participate in development of MACRO strategic documents including, proposals, protocols, concept notes SOPs and intervention packages
- Provide technical and programmatic support to Project Officers to ensure that key program deliverables are met.
- Ensure program officers produce Weekly Level of effort for PITC eligibility screening and Active Index Testing
- Report writing and timely submission to the donor
- Work with the Head of Programs to support development of ideas for evaluation and operations research activities to document the outcomes and impact of HIV programs, as well as in the identification of priority research and evaluation questions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health related field
- Master of Public Health (MPH); Master of Sciences Epidemiology (MSc) or equivalent postgraduate degree or experience is an added advantage.
- Strong experience in providing mentorship and technical assistance
- Self-motivated and demonstrated success in building effective programs in resource-limited settings
- At least five years of proven experience in HIV and TB-project design, administration, management and implementation.
- Conversant with HIV Testing Services Guidelines
- Extensive clinical experience in care of HIV infected adults and children in resource poor settings
- Experience or knowledge of managing PEPFAR grants is an added advantage
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication and writing skills including donor reports
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills in a teamwork environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Project Management skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is Sunday, 22nd August, 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.