Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population. With funding from CDC through Lighthouse Trust (LHT), MACRO is implementing the Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services: The Pivot Project and will be extending its services to the Central and Northern districts of Ntchisi, Lilongwe, Mzimba, Rumphi, Nkhatabay and Likoma.
In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions tenable in health facilities of the districts listed above.
POSITION: PROJECT OFFICER (3 POSITIONS)
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Officer is responsible for coordinating the implementation of project activities; development of work plans in line with the scope of work and ensure that targets are achieved.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and coordinates the implementation of project activities
- Ensure that the HIV Testing Service protocol and guidelines are followed in the implementation of project and also that required supplies are available.
- Maintains quality assurance in HIV Counselling and Testing in all designated facilities
- Develops and reviews the project workplans
- Monitors and evaluates the implementation of HIV Testing Services and other related activities
- Effectively manages and motivates project staff to achieve project goals
- Ensures maintenance effective communication channels amongst staff, donors partners and Ministry of Health
- Ensures sound collaboration among all project stakeholders.
- Supervises HDA supervisors and HIV Diagnostic Assistants (HDAs).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or any other health related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing HTS and other HIV and AIDS related programs
- Experience in coordinating USG-funded projects is an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of HIV and AIDS prevention, counselling and testing and, behaviour change interventions.
- Good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required.
- Good knowledge of administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of sub-awards and contracts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Conflict resolution and management skills
- Demonstrated experience leading teams.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is Sunday, 22nd August, 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.