Smallholder Farmers Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi (SFFRFM) was incorporated in 1988 as a Trust Fund under the Trust Incorporation Act of 1962 to procure, store, distribute, and sell fertilizers to smallholder farmers. Its primary role was to ensure that smallholder farmers, defined as farmers who grow their crops on customary land have an opportunity to access and buy affordable fertilizer at all times.
Smallholder Farmers Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi (SFFRFM) invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following positions:
JOB TITLE: REGIONAL BUSINESS MANAGER
Department: Regional Office
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Depot Supervisor: Assistant Sales and Marketing Officer: Assistant Human Resource and Administration officer
Purpose of the Job
To provide overall management and administration of regional offices
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking a leading role in the marketing, sales and distribution of fertilizer and other farm inputs in the region with a clear business focus and direction
- Achieving the volumes and sales targets for the region as per the planned and agreed budget
- Taking charge of Regional Offices’ operations in respect of receipt, storage, distribution and selling of fertilizer and other agro-products.
- Taking charge on logistics and business development in the region.
- Preparing budgets for the region in consultation with The CEO.
- Providing guidance to the regional operations to ensure that the Fund realizes optimum return for its investment.
- Allocating appropriate resources and monitoring their utilization to ensure good value for the Fund.
- Overseeing the management of depots and regional infrastructure and operations.
- Overseeing the management of Human resources in the region and controlling the cost of operations and staff overheads.
- Submitting weekly and monthly reports on the operations of the regions.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Agriculture or Commerce obtained from an accredited University.
- Five (5) years’ experience in marketing and distribution functions.
- Good knowledge of agricultural marketing, logistics and warehousing.
- Good knowledge of Malawi Government’s agricultural marketing policies and strategies, especially as they relate to the smallholder agriculture sub sector.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Numerate and capable of planning and supervising agricultural marketing and production data gathering and analysis; and interpret trends as well as recommend policy interventions.
- Clear understanding of the business and legal environment of the industry
- General experience in human resource management and administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exercising high degree of integrity, accountability and ownership in the performance of his/her duties
- Be self-starter, effective team player and demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates who meet the above specifications should forward their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae(CV) and copies of relevant certificates in an envelope clearly marked with the name of the position being applied for to:
The Director of Human Resources and Administration
Smallholder Farmers Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi (SFFRFM)
P. O. Box 2505
Please note that applications without copies of certificates will not be considered.
Closing date for receiving applications is 5th October, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.