CUMO Microfinance Limited is a not-for-profit rural microfinance company providing financial and non-financial services at village level. The Company currently serves over 70,000 clients (mostly women) in villages across 23 districts of Malawi. CUMO is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position:
Job Title : Regional Manager
Nature of Contract : Three Year Fixed Contract (Renewable)
Duty Station : Lilongwe
Reporting to : Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Regional Manager will oversee, coordinate and monitor the credit, savings, insurance and other regional operations of CUMO. She/he will ensure efficient field operations, compliance with regulatory and operational policies and procedures as well as the attainment of outreach, retention, productivity, efficiency and portfolio targets as set out in the strategic plan and annual budgets.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, management and operational support to field staff for efficient delivery of services;
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to develop operations strategy, annual operational plan and quality control standards;
- Maintain a review process for continuous assessment of operational systems, methods, procedures and delivery methodologies and their constant improvement;
- Participate actively in efforts to identify and analyze operational and other risks and measures to mitigate them;
- Participate proactively in the development of new products and improvements of existing ones;
- Coordinate and set out annual outreach, retention, portfolio and sustainability targets for field officers and supervisors and ensure their attainment;
- Maintain sound field quality controls and performance standards based on operational policies and procedures and in full recognition of prevailing regulatory requirements;
- Monitor operational performance through constant analysis of portfolio information and key performance indicators against plan/budget
- Ensure the correctness and integrity of reports generated by field officers & supervisors;
- Provide periodic management and when necessary donor reports for the region under his/her jurisdiction and in formats and detail as may be stipulated from time to time
- Any other duties as may be sanctioned by Management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance or other business related disciplines;
- Five years of proven banking or microfinance experience particularly in a rural setting;
- Good knowledge of microfinance principles, standards and best practices;
- Sound understanding of risks affecting rural MFIs;
- High proficiency in computer and hands-on experience in microfinance software packages; and
- Strong team player and report writing skills.
CUMO pays competitive salary including housing allowance, medical cover, and gratuity. Individuals who strictly meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply.
Mode of Application
Applications including a full CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the position with contact details of three work-related referees should be sent by post or by email to:
The Finance & Administration Manager
CUMO Microfinance Limited
Plot 6/278, Area 6
P O Box X99
Closing date is June 28, 2022. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.