The Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS) is a new University formed by merging College of Medicine and Kamuzu College of Nursing and established by an Act of Parliament (No. 20 of 2019). It is a Health and Allied Sciences University that intends to educate and graduate excellent health professionals that are globally competent but locally relevant.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified competent dynamic and visionary individuals to fill the following corporate positions at KUHeS.
The Registrar will work under general direction of the Vice-Chancellor (VC) in providing leadership and Overall management of the University’s administrative services to support fulfillment of the University’s vision of becoming a world class, innovative University Committed to scholarly and professional excellence in the provision of health education research and Services in Malawi and globally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Advising the Vice Chancellor other line managers and committees on governance, operational matters and academic regulatory frameworks
- Developing and reviewing administrative and related operational policies plans strategies, procedures guidelines, regulations
- Loading and participating in planning and budgeting for the administrative function
- Coordinating and spearheading the implementation of the University’s general operational and academic regulations and policies with particular regard to start students and quality assurance
- Providing regular reports and updates to the VC on assigned areas of responsibility and any pertinent
- Supervising and mentoring members of staff that report and are accountable to his/her office.
- NETWORKING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Being the principal point of contact of the University
- Promoting the University image both nationally and internationally.
- CORPORATE SERVICES
- Being the custodian of the University seat
- Interpreting policies and regulations
- Providing secretarial services to the University Council and its Committees.
- RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Overseeing the management of records in the University.
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Providing first line human resource management Services on Senior University Management
- Monitoring provision of health care and other staff welfare services¿
- GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
- Coordinating the development, maintenance and leasing of University estates
- Organizing and monitoring ceremonies and other congregation functions of the University Attending to legal matters.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in business or public administration, management and any relevant field
- 8 years’ experience at management level in a reputable higher education institution
- Knowledge of key issues, policies and legislation relating to higher education management.
- Leadership ability to direct supervise and mentor others.
- Fiscal management ability to prepare and execute a budget as well as controlling expenditure
- Organisational skills: ability to set and implement systems and develop operational procedures and policies
- Effective communication ability to impart in a professional manner in various settings and mediums including the media
- Writing skills: Ability to create, compose and edit written materials, including minutes and reports
- Interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively in a diverse community with people from different backgrounds
- Decisive: Ability to make independent judgment
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
The post of University Registrar is open to qualified Malawian candidates only. It is offered on a contract basis for 5 years in the first instance and may be renewed based on performance and success in a competitive interview process.
The posts come with highly competitive compensation and benefits packages in accordance with the University’s existing structure of benefits.
The University is an equal opportunity employer and therefore encourages applications from qualified men and women including persons living with disabilities.
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter Curriculum Vitae, vision statement and names and contact details of three traceable professional referees.
Shortlisting of candidates by Council will be based on the quality of these documents which should be submitted to:
The Chairman of Council Kamuzu University of Health Sciences
Private Bag 360
Applications should be submitted by 23rd May, 2022.