The Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS) is a University formed by merging the College of Medicine and Kamuzu College of Nursing, which were constituent colleges of the University of Malawi.
It was established by an Act of Parliament (No. 20 of 2019). It is a comprehensive health and allied sciences higher education institution established with the primary function of training health workers under one roof to promote inter-profession collaboration, team building and teamwork from the early days of training.
The University is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill the following vacant positions:
SECRETARY (4 posts tenable in Lilongwe and Blantyre)
To support the efficient and effective delivery of operational and administrative functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be expected to carry out the following key duties and responsibilities;
- Drafting and typing correspondences
- Developing and maintaining a filing system
- Keeping an inventory of office equipment and other assets
- Managing sensitive and confidential documents
- Facilitating and organising meetings, events and visits
- Maintaining mail register and managing diary
- Making travel arrangements and other logistics for staff, students and visitors
- Maintaining steady office supplies and accessories
- Supervising departmental junior staff and outsourced service staff.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Secretarial Management or Business Management plus Shorthand 100 WPM, typing 50 WPM (Advanced), Office Practice Etiquette, English for Business Communication, Bookkeeping and Commerce/Accounting
- Knowledge of computer packages such as word, excel and outlook.
- Three years’ experience in a busy institution. Preference will be given to those with previous working experience in a higher education institution.
Applicants meeting the requirements indicated above should submit applications including copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names, emails and contacts of 3 traceable professional referees (one of which must be from a recent or current employer), which should be sent to:
Kamuzu University of Health Sciences
Private Bag 360
Applications should be submitted by close of business on Monday, 27th June 2022.
Those submitting through email should indicate the title of the post subject fine.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.