Wealthnet Finance PLC is registered by the Reserve Bank of Malawi as a Deposit Taking Microfinance Institution. The institution is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill various positions that have fallen vacant at its Head Office in Lilongwe.
The security guard will be responsible for
- Protecting the company’s property and staff by maintaining safe and secure environment
- Securing premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, access points and permitting entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Securing premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment and access points: permitting entry.
- Preventing losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespasses
- Protecting company’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Observing for signs of crime or disorder and investigating disturbances
- Apprehending criminals and surrendering to the authority
- Patrolling randomly or regularly
- Monitoring and controlling access at building entrance
- Monitoring and authorizing entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons to guard against theft, and maintaining security of premises.
- Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors and premises. Responding to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees.
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident investigations.
- Making sure that safety equipment are available when on duty and use them professionally
- Any duty assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience working as a Security Guard
- Strong communication skills in Chichewa and English
- Person of integrity, with no criminal record
- Good sense of humor.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should send their applications, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three traceable referees not later than 19th May, 2022 to the following address:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
Wealthnet Finance Plc
Private Bag B445
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Please indicate your expected salary and benefits in the application letter.