Mwanza District Council is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill vacant positions existing at the District Council.
Job Title: Senior Community Child Protection Worker (1)
Location: Mwanza District Council
Salary: Within Grade N/M12 salary scale segment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification and registration of orphans and vulnerable children
- Maintain community OVC register
- Assess the situation of OVCS for referral to appropriate service providers
- Assist in the identification of foster parents in their communities
- Facilitate foster care placement and supervise children placed on foster care
- Register children with special needs to relevant agencies/institution e.g. MACOHA
- Monitor cases of child abuse and exploitation in the community
- Sensitize communities on child rights, role and responsibilities of duty bearer and caregivers
- Ensure the rights of the child to property is protected in cases of property dispossession
- Raise awareness of dangers of child abuse, neglect early marriages, defilement child trafficking and other types of abuse
- Closely work with organizations providing services for the care, protection and support of children
- Mobilize communities to establish service points for child participation and protection
- Compile and submit reports to DSWO as may be required from time to time
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Applicants must be in possession of a Malawi school certificate of Education (MSCE)
- Age range between 21 to 40 years.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All Applications should be addressed to:
The District Commissioner
Mwanza District Council
All applications with relevant copies of your certificates, Curriculum Vitae and National Identity Cards must be sent not later than 24th January, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.
Clearly indicate the post you are applying for on the envelope.