Applications are invited from suitably qualified, persons of Malawi origin to fill the following vacant position tenable in the company.
POSITION: SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER-EG5 (HEAD OFFICE-BLANTYRE)
- A holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Industrial psychology, or Business administration or related field.
- Should be a registered member of Malawi Institute of People Management
- Must hove at least five years post qualification’ experience
- Two years of experience working in remote stations as an added advantage.
- Aged above 30 years old and mature with demonstrable ability to work as a team leader
- Should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills,
- A team player and results oriented with extensive knowledge of HR policies and related labour laws,
- Strong people management skills
- Proficiency in MS office.
- Be actively involved in the recruitment and selection by preparing job descriptions, posting adverts and managing the hiring process.
- Responsible for contacting references on applicant’s Curriculum vitae for the company to get informed insights on the applicants
- Preparing new employees personal files for capturing the required employee personal details and documentation as per policy and procedures
- Assist in formulating and implementation of departmental budgets in line with policy requirements.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a database of staff records in appropriate formats for easy access and retrieval.
- Maintaining and Managing leave, medical schemes records for staff at Head office.
- Supervision of Human Resources officers in various stations.
- Assist in the interpretation of HR policies, terms and Conditions of Service.
- Initiating updates of job descriptions of staff in liaison with Heads of Departments.
- Administer staff performance appraisals for staff under his/her supervision.
- Conducts performance gap analysis to quantify performance gaps if any to confirm level of achievement on set performance goals
- Recommending performance improvement plans to cover identified performance gaps and recommending necessary training interventions.
- Fostering a harmonious work environment at all power stations by timeously attending to grievance and disciplinary issues through correcting behaviours that constitute misconduct and addressing feelings of work dissatisfaction.
- Assists in payroll information by compiling and submitting payroll related data from departments to payroll section
- Processing terminal payment:, death, and pension benefits for separated staff.
- Processing internal loans for staff
- Coordinating funeral arrangements for deceased staff members and supports staff in the event of death of their immediate family members
- Coordinate wellness activities for the stations to promote overall employee wellness.
- Coordinating process of producing and submission of monthly HR reports.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application letters with comprehensive CV and three names and addresses of traceable referees should be received not later than 22 August 2021, addressed to:
Human Resources and Development Manager
Electricity Generation Company (MW) Ltd
Chayamba Building — Floor No. 4
P.O. Box 1567
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.