Applications are invited from suitably qualified, committed Christians to fill the position of teachers which
exists at Marymount Catholic Secondary School.
- PHYSICS/ CHEMISTRY TEACHER (1)
- AGRICULTURE TEACHER (1)
The successful candidate will be answerable to the School Manager, through the Operations Manager/ Academics.
The teachers will be responsible for:
- Ensuring preparation of schemes and records of work and lesson plans in their teaching subject.
- Preparing methods of teaching and assessing students.
- Ensuring that the subject matter is delivered within the allocated time.
- Ensuring that students are given enough work to do.
- Ensuring that students’ behavior is consistent with standing regulations that the school currently enforces.
- Listing all teaching materials and maintaining inventory.
- Preparing and setting both termly and occasional tests.
- Marking and recording the scores in the report cards and scholastic record forms as per deadlines.
- Monitoring performance of students and arranging revision where necessary.
- Identifying subject needs, budgeting and ensuring acquisition of the materials.
- Liaising with other teachers in the provision of essential information for the development of the students and efficient use of time.
- Encouraging students to participate in co-curricular activities.
- Being exemplary to students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must be between the age of 30-55 years.
- Must be a practicing Christian.
- Must be sober-minded and honest.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Retired teachers have an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should include contact numbers and addresses of at least three traceable referees and a current Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Closing date for receiving applications is 4th July, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
Applications should be sent to:
The Board Chairperson
Marymount Catholic Secondary School
P.O. Box 137