POSITION: TEMPORARY DATA ENTRY AND FILING CLERKS
The Office of the Director of Public Officers’ Declarations (ODPOD) is an independent governance public institution within the Malawi Government established in 2014 under Section 6(1) of the Public Officers’ (Declaration of Assets, Liabilities and Business Interests) Act. ODPOD, therefore, intends to create a compendium of suitably qualified personnel to be engaged from time to time on temporary basis as Data Entry and Filing Clerks, as detailed below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and open new files.
- Sort and arrange file documents in their order.
- Crosscheck and verify, in the web-based Declarations Data Management System (DDMS), file document.
- Conduct actual filing of the file documents that have duly been sorted and arranged.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- DATA ENTRY
- Compile, sort and organize documents containing data to be entered into the web-based Declarations Data Management System.
- Input text and data from documents into the Declarations Data Management System.
- Crosscheck and verify data keyed into the Declarations Data Management System for accuracy using standard quality checking procedures.
- Pre-validate data entered into the DDMS.
- Candidates applying for the filing exercise should have a minimum qualification of Malawi Library Association (MALA) certificate.
- Candidates applying for data entry exercise should have a minimum qualification of a diploma in the relevant field.
- All candidates must have at least one year experience in a similar exercise applied for.
COMPETENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Integrity: Must be trustworthy and have confidentiality in handling files and declaration data.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills
- Teamwork: Working well with others including ODPOD records management staff in a collaborative environment.
- Be computer literate.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Be a mature person.
- Abilities and knowledge of information retrieval.
- Ability to read, understand and use file retrieval index.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be sent to:
The Director of Public Officers’ Declarations
Office of the Director of Public Officers’ Declarations
Episcopal Conference of Malawi Catholic Secretariat Office Complex
Complex, Area 11, Off Chimutu Road
Or can also be sent to:
To reach him not later than Friday, 8th April, 2022.