Smallholder Farmers Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi (SFFRFM) was incorporated in 1988 as a Trust Fund under the Trust Incorporation Act of 1962 to procure, store, distribute, and sell fertilizers to smallholder farmers. Its primary role was to ensure that smallholder farmers, defined as farmers who grow their crops on customary land have an opportunity to access and buy affordable fertilizer at all times.
Smallholder Farmers Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi (SFFRFM) invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following positions:
JOB TITLE: TEMPORARY SALES CLERK
Department: Commercial Services
Reporting to: Depot Supervisor.
Positions are tenable at our various satellite depots in the Southern, Central and Northern Regions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Regional Business Manager, the Temporary Sales Clerk shall among other things, perform and be responsible for:
- Conducting sales of fertilizer and ensuring that cash sales with correct information are issued to customers.
- Receiving and storing fertilizers efficiently and professionally.
- Take charge of all satellite depot operations.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date stock records.
- Compiling and indexing in a clear manner all documentation on a day-to-day basis.
- Preparing daily sales summary.
- Assist customers to buy the right type of fertilizer and advising them on application methods.
- Practicing good customer care.
- Making administrative decisions for handymen and security guards under his/her control including duty roster in liaison with the Regional Business Manager.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- MSCE certificate with at least credits aggregate of 10 in Mathematics and English.
- Professional Diploma in Marketing, Accounting or Sales from a reputable institution.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position.
- Should be between 25-40 years old
- Be honest and of sober habits.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Competent in counting and handling cash.
- A self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Be prepared to work at odd hours and under intense pressure.
- Should not have any criminal record.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates who meet the above specifications should forward their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of relevant certificates in an envelope clearly marked with the name of the position being applied for to:
The Director of Human Resources and Administration
Smallholder Farmers Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi (SFFRFM)
P.O. Box 2505
Please note that applications without copies of certificates will not be considered.
Closing date for receiving applications is 5th October, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.