Partners in Hope (PIH) is a Malawian, Christ-centered, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2004 on a robust commitment to support the National HIV and AIDS Response in Malawi. PIH has a Medical Centre that operates a general clinic (Dalitso); inpatient ward (Thandizo); and an HIV and AIDS clinic (Moyo).
PIH provides support to Ministry of Health, CHAM and Private health facilities for HIV-TB services in nine districts. For this, PIH was awarded Cooperative Agreements No: 72061221CA00010 “Client-Oriented Response for HIV Epidemic Control (CORE) Activity Component One (1)” and No: 72061221CA00012 “TB Local Organizations Network 1 (TB LON) Activity by the United States of America PEPFAR through USAID. These awards are for HIV Care and Treatment and TB implementation in 9 districts: “scale up districts” (most intensive support in Mulanje, Chikwawa and Lilongwe) and “sustained districts” (high level support in Nsanje, Dowa, Kasungu, Nkhotakota, Karonga, and Chitipa). Under the CORE and TB LON Cooperative Agreements, PIH is seeking for applications from eligible candidates for a Position of Transport Coordinator.
TRANSPORT COORDINATOR – (1 POSITION LILONGWE)
The Transport Coordinator will be responsible for leading, empowering and developing the transport
team. This includes; Safely of passengers, effective management of drivers, fleet, budget and IT associated management tools. S/he should be able to Identify risks and opportunities and deploy innovative solutions and techniques in order to improve fleet management and ensure that all drivers, PIH and Hired vehicles meet the standard legal requirements as per the Malawi Road Traffic Act.
1. Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Provides creative, flexible, tenacious, diplomatic and consistent leadership to develop the Transport team.
- Understands and leverages the company’s operating systems and management tools by ensuring that all drivers are using the systems and tools correctly and in full to the benefit of PIH.
- Ensure vehicles are effectively managed by drivers on daily basis, serviced regularly according to planned maintenance schedules to minimize program activities’ interruptions
- Oversee regular safety and maintenance checks for all vehicles including monitoring of tires and safety equipment.
- Coordinate timely procurement and disposal of all vehicle parts, tires and safety equipment in liaison with the Procurement Team.
2. Vehicle Tracking
- Oversee assignment of vehicles to sites and activities and that their locations are known at all times.
- Ensure proper vehicle routing scheduling, including verification that drivers know their destinations in advance.
- Prepare weekly transport schedule based on approved requests.
- Authorize local running (trips to company vendors, banks, workshops, meetings etc.)
- Review and analyze vehicle log books and car track information and deal with any issues arising.
- Submits monthly reports on vehicle use and costing.
3. Fuel Management
- Ensure proper procedures for fuel purchasing, management of fuel cards and reserves
- Submit monthly fuel cost analyses for all vehicles.
- Investigate irregularities, coach and where necessary, discipline the perpetrators as per the HR Policy
4. Safety and Security.
- Ensure vehicle safety and maintenance checks are done regularly.
- Consistently promotes and adheres to Company policy, procedure and legislation, including but not limited to health and safety.
- Oversees vehicle management including effective vehicle operations, vehicle security and monitoring of vehicle utilization according to allowable capacity.
- Ensuring drivers and staff members are briefed and adhere to PIH Transport Policy and RTD guidelines including observing speed limits.
- Sensitize drivers on prevention of road accidents and oversee drivers’ assessment and trainings.
5. Human Resources
- Organize drivers’ assessments in order to update their qualifications and skills.
- Motivate and mentor drivers while promoting discipline.
- Ensures timely completion of all administrative processes.
- Organize regular driver meetings.
- From time to time, work on ad-hoc projects and undertake other reasonable duties as required by senior management.
6. Planning, Budgeting and Reporting
- Strategic planning of resources in order to utilize the fleet to its maximum capacity and full utilization of software and hardware platforms (Car Tracking IT systems).
- Monitor transport expenses to ensure consistency within approved budgets.
- Oversee site-level expenditures including tollgates and airport fees.
- Participate in bi-weekly Administration meetings.
Required Key Skills / Attributes:
- Advance Diploma in Transport and Logistics, a degree in Business Administration, Management or related field will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in managing a large fleet with an international organization
- Proficiency in computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Access, MS Excel and Vehicle Tracking Systems.
- Strong supervision and interpersonal skills with interest to be part of the dynamic team
- Highly organized, analytical thinking with good oral and written communication skills
- Maintains a positive attitude to continued learning and growth.
- Thorough understanding of vehicle registration, insurances and claim management.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Sensitivity to working with multi-cultural groups and a variety of stakeholder
- Qualifications in Defensive Driving and First Aid – ideally qualified to conduct trainings
How To Apply
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience above should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) relevant copies of Certificates, three traceable referees, include the job title and deliver their applications either by hand/ Post to:
The Human Resource Manager
Partners in Hope
P.O. Box 302.
Or e-mail : email@example.com
The deadline for receiving application is Tuesday, 27 September, 2022. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Partners In Hope thanks all applicants for their interest.