Company: Malawi Catering Services Limited
Malawi Catering Services Limited invites applications from suitably qualified individuals of Malawian origin to fill the vacant positions tenable at its Head Office at Kamuzu International Airport (KIA) in Lilongwe. The candidates should be experienced, flexible, enthusiastic and with an “I can-do attitude”.
ACCOUNTANT (1 POSITION)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To advise and report on any financial information, performance, financial position and cash flows of the company.
Reporting to: GENERAL MANAGER
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and maintenance of accurate financial records, including general ledger accounts, statement of financial position
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Maintenance of cashbooks including preparation of bank reconciliations on a monthly basis and providing cashbook balances on a weekly basis
- Coordination and preparation of the company’s Annual Budgets
- Collaboration with internal and external Auditors to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Communicating financial information to Board Directors, Management and other stake holders in a clear and concise manner
- Preparation and file statutory tax returns and other compliance documents in accordance with regulatory bodies (I.e. Malawi Revenue Authority, Tourism Board, TEVETA efc.)
- Analyze financial data to identify trends, discrepancies and areas for improvement
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Manage month end and year end closing
- Monitor daily performance of the Finance Department
- Monitor and manage cash-flows, debtors and creditors to ensure timely availability of funds.
- Negotiate with banks and other financial institutions regarding the company’s financial needs.
- Facilitate compliance with all regulations e.g. Licensing. Insurance, Pensions
- Maintain sound infernal controls and financial management information systems
- Monitor maintenance of inventory reports which involves valuation and variance analysis
- Provide guidance, support and advice to staff on financial matters within the company
Qualification, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ACCA Certified/related field
- 3 years plus experience in financial accounting
- Strong knowledge in accounting principles and procedures
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office application especially Excel, АССРАС.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of tax laws and regulations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial information
Interested persons who meet the above required qualifications and/or experience should submit their applications preferably by 12th January,2024 together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) which should include two traceable referees to: –
The General Manager
Malawi Catering Services Limited
P.O. Box 30236