Company: Malawi Against Physical Disabilities
Malawi Against Physical Disabilities is a non-governmental organization which provides free medical rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities in Malawi through physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, provision of assistive devices and many more. We run outreach programs through regional offices in Blantyre, Zomba, Lilongwe and Rumphi. We also run the Kachere Rehabilitation Centre situated in Blantyre, which is the only referral facility for persons with disabilities in the country. We also produce assistive devices in workshops placed in the regional offices.
We are looking for suitable candidate to work as Accountant in Accounts department to help us achieve our goals and objectives in fulfilling our mandate. This is a one-year contract offer with options to roll it over until a permanent position and budget become available.
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer:
The person should have excellent organizational and proven financial management and analytical skills as well as being also meticulously detail-oriented. He/she must have deep numerical awareness, strong numeracy skills, and a keen interest in the growth, efficiency, and financial sustainability of the organization. The candidate must also demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills with technical ability in negotiating skills. Should be a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure whether independently or as part of a team. Should be conversant with international accounting standards.
- A certified graduate public accountant from a recognized institution registered with appropriate regulatory bodies.
- Should have at least 4 years of experience in a busy Accounting office.
- Those with experience in handling government subvention, working with busy NGO setting and handling international donor funds have an added advantage.
Roles and responsibilities.
- Documenting financial transactions
- Monitoring the efficiency of existing accounting procedures and ensuring they comply with the government regulations
- Reviewing financial documents to resolve any discrepancies and irregularities
- Reconciling already documented reports, statements and various transactions
- Creating, reviewing and presenting budgets
- Recommending financial actions by analysing accounting options
- Cooperating with auditors in preparing audit reports
- Providing guidance on revenue enhancement, cost reduction and profit maximisation
- Preparing and analysing financial statements like cash flow statement, balance sheet and profit and loss statement
- Submitting annual tax returns
- Prepare monthly grunts re-imbursement, ensuring timelines, accuracy and compliance with special grunts agreements.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their electronic applications to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The General Manager, MAP, P.O Box 256, Blantyre or drop the letters at Head office, Kachere Rehabilitation Centre near Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital. Remember to attach your curriculum vitae with three traceable referees and your certificates. To reach the General Manager by 31st January, 2024.