Company: Malawi Against Physical Disabilities
Malawi Against Physical Disabilities is a non-governmental organization which provides free medical rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities in Malawi through physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, provision of assistive devices and many more. We run outreach programs through regional offices in Blantyre, Zomba, Lilongwe and Rumphi. We also run the Kachere Rehabilitation Centre situated in Blantyre, which is the only referral facility for persons with disabilities in the country. We also produce assistive devices in workshops placed in the regional offices.
With support from the Malawi Government, through the Ministry of Health, we are looking for suitable candidates to work in various professions to fill in vacant positions and help us achieve our goals and objectives in fulfilling our mandate. The positions are as follows:
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (1 POSITION) MAP 5
The Job Summary
Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate shall work in a healthcare related environment and will manage accounts payable and receivable, handle pay roll and assist with end of the month reconciliations.
Specific roles and responsibilities
- Basic data entry tasks which include logging in transactions, recording and reviewing journal entries, creating invoices and crafting spread sheets.
- Run errands around and outside the office, handling and photocopying documents, help with year end audits and bank reconciliations
- Communicate with clients and vendors about invoices and payments through email or phone.
- Creating and updating financial reports, balance sheets, income and expenditure and cashflow statements.
- Evaluate financial budgets and track expenses
- Should pay attention to detail with fact checking skills
- Should be familiar with accounting packages
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Should have ability to handle mult-tasking challenges on paper work, appointments etc.
- Should have good time management skills to be able to beat deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates should submit their applications either by dropping hard copies at our Head office in Blantyre, at Kachere Rehabilitation Center, along Chipatala avenue; or electronically through email@example.com; or by post to The General Manager, MAP, P.O Box 256 Blantyre. Remember to include your relevant certificates and updated CV with three traceable referees. Applications to reach Head Office by 15th of December 2023.