Company: Civil Society Network on Climate Change (CISONECC)
The Civil Society Network on Climate Change (CISONECC) is an umbrella body of Civil Society Organizations working in Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management in Malawi. The Network’s mission is to provide a platform for engagement between government and CSOs on climate change and related fields for improved adaptation and mitigation to climate change impacts, with an overall objective of building community resilience to the impacts of climate change. CISONECC comprises of national and international NGOs, other
networks, alliances and research institutions, with a secretariat based in Lilongwe. CISONECC is intending to recruit an Accounts Assistant
Position : Accounts Assistant
Reporting : Finance and Administration Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in budgeting and financial planning for various projects and the organization.
- Assist in preparing project reports and submitting the same to the Finance officer for review.
- Assist in ensuring timely capture and reporting of financial data into QuickBooks.
- Assist in organising RFQs, sourcing quotations, organising invoices related to various procurements.
- Assist in organising procurement related documentation in liaison with the chairperson of the internal procurement committee.
- Support in the updating and regular reporting on the implementation of the procurement plan.
- Assisting Finance officer in budgeting for project proposals and project implementation.
- Maintain book keeping issues and updating of all ledgers for the network and projects.
- Updating of cashbook and bank reconciliation for various projects accounts and for the network.
- Preparing cheques, payment vouchers and making payments.
- Maintain Fixed asset register and updating where necessary.
- Ensuring all payments are properly liquidated.
- Ensuring that all documents relating to financial transactions are properly filed to facilitate their retrieval.
- Any other duties that may be delegated by the Finance Officer.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Competence with Microsoft Office, excel or similar computer software and any accounting packages preferably QuickBooks.
- General understanding of procurement policies and procedures.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A confident and outgoing self-starter who rises to the challenge and is proactive in seeking new opportunities.
- Able to deal with a diverse and demanding workload and to work under minimum of supervision.
- Natural enthusiasm and interest in the subject matter.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in financial accounting or related qualifications.
- At least2 years of relevant work experience in the public sector or equivalent.
- Experience with a Local and National Authority or Non-Governmental Organizations in a similar position.
- Knowledge and experience in budgeting, procurement and managing projects, programmes or institutional finances.
- Knowledge and experience in working with and advancing finance and procurement related policies at work place.
CISONECC is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants are requested to send a motivation/cover letters and resumes, with names and contacts of three traceable referees to the following address:
The Finance and Administration Manager
Civil society Network on Climate Change
Hand delivery be done through our offices in Area 49, Opposite Good Hope Private Clinic, Church Close Street, Plot No. 49/2/446/2, New Gulliver, Lilongwe, Malawi.
The application can also be sent through the following email address email@example.com. Make sure you indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. The full details of the vacancy can also be accessed through the CISONECC website: www.cisoneccmw.org or Facebook page: Civil Society Network on Climate Change or twitter page: @cisonecc_malawi.
CISONECC upholds its duty to safeguard, protect and promote the welfare of its stakeholders and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and partners’ requirements.
Closing date for receiving application is 12th January, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be communicated.