Company: Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN NORWEGIAN CHURCH AID ( NCA)/ DAN CHURCH AID ( DCA) –
JOINT COUNTRY PROGRAMME ( JCP)MALAWI
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in over 30 countries around the world. It is a member of the worldwide ACT-Alliance, comprised of 140 churches and church-related organizations cooperating on humanitarian assistance, advocacy and development. Norwegian Church Aid has been working in Malawi since 2002 and in 2021, NCA joined forces with DCA and are operating as a joint country programme (JCP) in Malawi with
Strategic Priorities for the period 2021–2024 being, Gender based violence (GBV), Climate Smart Economic empowerment (CSEE) and Fighting inequality (FI).
Please visit our website: www.nca.no
Norwegian Church Aid works with people and organisations around the world in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustice. We provide emergency assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities.
In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
In 2021 NCA merged with DanChurchAid to form Malawi Joint Country Program (JCP). The JCP was created to enhance synergy and positive sustainable development in the lives of the poor and marginalized people in the target communities of Malawi and to reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
For NCA/DCA to continue developing its and partners’ programmes in Malawi, NCA/ DCA is seeking experienced persons with solid knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant positions in the Country office based in Lilongwe:
Reports to: The Head of HR & Administration
BASE: In NGABU OFFICE, CHIKWAWA
The Administration Assistant will be responsible for managing the field office logistical needs for programme activities and visits to the field officers, assist in cash management of the field office: maintaining safe petty cash register, conducting minor purchases, reconciliation of petty cash. Coordinate field office fleet and maintain fuel cards for all cars and motor bikes. Management of support staffs: cleaners, guards and ensure safe and clean office and storage environment.
- Provide administrative support in the implementation of project activities by ensuring logistical and financial readiness in collaboration with relevant sections at the country office.
- Ensure all travels are planned and coordinated to efficiently utilize office vehicles. Take responsibility for keeping fuel cards safe, buying fuel, and submitting all the required receipts and information to country office Administration Assistant for monthly fuel reconciliation.
- Maintain an up to date and documented stocks list and assets in the field office, coordinate with country office for bi-annual and annual stock and asset verification.
- Maintain a good record and relationship with local vendors and ensure timely payment for services and supplies.
- Maintain an up-to-date petty cash book. Ensure all petty payments are duly approved before payment.
- Provide front office duties in manning the reception.
- Work closely with country office finance, Administration and procurement for learning and support.
Education qualification and Skills
- The Administration Assistant should have a minimum of university bachelor’s degree in business administration obtained from a recognized academic institution.
- Those with secretarial background will be an added advantage.
- He or She should have at least 2 years’ experience in administration related duties
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent both written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills and high level of confidentiality
- Multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Processing, typing, editing, formatting reports and documents and filing documents.
- Very strong analytical and drafting skills, the ability to meet deadlines and to produce concise, top-quality work at strategic and operational levels.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed – upon results.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Applications including CV, suitability statement and names and contact details of three traceable references should be sent to:
The Country Director,
Norwegian Church Aid,
P.O. Box 30793,
or email: email@example.com
Applications should be submitted by 12 noon on Friday 5th January 2024. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note that NCA is an equal opportunity Employer; therefore all, men, women, and those with disability are encouraged to apply.