Company: Agricultural Trading Company Limited (ATC)
Agricultural Trading Company Limited (ATC), a subsidiary company of AHL Group Plc is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the overall function of the Assistant Accountant is to support financial decision-making by collecting, analyzing, and reporting financial information in a timely manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant will include the following:
- Capturing and posting into SAGE, invoices, GRN and Credit notes
- Conducting inventory management and reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly cost of sales
- Checking and monitoring expenditures against budget
- Preparing inventory schedules and valuation
- Ensuring all taxes are paid on time
- Timely filing of VAT, WHT and PAYE returns with Malawi Revenue Authority
- Managing fixed assets and depreciation accounts
- Managing internal and external Audits
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting obtained from a recognized institution plus 2 years’ experience in a busy accounting office or Advanced Diploma in Accounting (ACCA/ICAM) with 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Must be a registered member of Malawi Accountants Board and Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi (ICAM)
- High integrity and ethical conduct
- Relationship management skills and ability to lead and work with teams
- Able to meet deadlines
- Sound analytical skills
Applications with full Curriculum Vitae including three traceable referees should be addressed to:
Human Resources and Administration Manager-Tobacco Sales
AHL Group Plc
P O Box 40035
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 23 February, 2024.
Please note that Agricultural Trading Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer.