Company: VisionFund Malawi
VisionFund Malawi is a Christian owner-operated mission-driven deposit taking microfinance network working with caregivers in hard to reach, impoverished locations so they can create secure futures for their children.
Inspired by Christian values, we are dedicated to working with the most vulnerable families and communities regardless of religion, race, ethnicity gender, to create lasting change in their lives.
VisionFund Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant posts:
BANK TELLERS (2)
The Teller will be responsible for providing data entry, reports and customer care services to clients, in the Savings department.
- Receiving and paying out cash
- Processing receipts
- Extract Teller till/transaction reports.
- Ensure that till balances
- Observe operational limits and seek approval where transaction exceeds limit
- Ensure accurate data entry
- Ensure approval documents are in place for manual data entry
- Register the bank pay in slips and issue receipts to the respective clients
- Initiate cheque payments, and submit to central process.
- Safe custody of cash at the counter and stamps
- Attending to client queries (advising and referring)
- Offers excellent customer service to all customers
- Deal with client with sense of humor and respect
- Cross selling of products
- Reports any problematic clients to branch Manager
- Assist in uploading cash on ATMs
- Daily ATM reconciliation as assigned by teller officer
- Help in monthly suspense accounts reconciliations
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- A minimum of Diploma in accounting & Finance or Business Administration
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Commercial Bank or Microfinance Bank.
- Experience with a banking software is highly recommended
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good time management and planning skills
- Good presentation skills
- Superior Customer Relationship Management
- Strong negotiation skills and business judgment
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving and results oriented
- Proactive and responsive
- Honest and of high integrity
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae, three traceable referees and copies of certificates to:
The People, Culture and Administration Manager
Private Bag A232
Closing date for receiving applications is 9th December, 2023.
VisionFund Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to VisionFund Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Lines: 0884621623.