Company: United Civil Servants SACCO
The United Civil Servants SACCO is member-owned institution dedicated to offering a diverse array of savings and credit products to civil servants, corporate organizations as well as SME’s in Malawi, our mission is to transform the socio-economic lives of all Malawians. With projected business growth for 2024 in alignment with our strategic plan spanning from 2022 to 2026, we are actively seeking individuals passionate about fostering positive change in their community and country. We invite applications from candidates driven to contribute to the socio-economic improvement of their society and nation through the United Civil Servants SACCO.
Branch Operations Supervisor (9 positions)
The Branch Operations officer is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a branch; ensuring the attainment of membership targets and overseeing teller to provide excellent customer service. Branch operations officer also ensure that the branch has all the equipment and set-up needed to keep it in working order.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage membership and loans stimulation
- Stimulate demand according to given targets
- Giving reports daily, weekly and monthly on given targets
- Management of member Account Opening
- ID and signature attachments in the system
- Insertion done correctly PSM
- Membership form signed and filed
- Membership registers updated
- Query Handling Management
- All incoming queries recorded
- reporting queries to customer service department on time
- Queries handled on time and effectively
- Reports on query management
- Members given feedback timely
- Query register updated
- Loans Administration Management
- Loan forms properly checked and signed
- Insertions done correctly on PSM
- Loans sent to the credit department within TAT
- Processing Relief loan within TAT
- Updating loan registers
- Cash management
- Receive cash for deposits and loan repayments
- Verify amounts and check accuracy of deposits and loan repayments
- Delinquency Management
- Insertions done correctly on PSM
- Retirement age properly checked
- Follow up on member terminated on PSM
- Welfare fund Registration
- Registration of members on welfare fund
- Sending registration data to welfare department timely ü Receiving claim form from members.
- Registers Management
- Updating all registers timely
- Registers signed by line manager as per TAT
- Filing of all documents
- All documents to be on file
- All files labeled clearly
- Documents filed in a chronological order
- Spending according to budget
- Monitoring resources to keep the cost down
- Checking and controlling expenditure
Qualification and skills
- Degree in any business-related discipline plus 2 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Experience in promoting and selling financial products and services.
- A commitment to providing exceptional customer service and maintaining high customer satisfaction levels
- Some prior experience in a supervisory or management role is often preferred.
- Skill in handling customer complaints and disputes effectively and professionally
- Knowledge of computer software such as word processors, spreadsheets and banking software
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- A good understanding of compliance requirements and experience in ensuring the branch adheres to these regulations.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in cash handling.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of branch staff.
- Problem-solving and organizational abilities.
The branch operations supervisor position is tenable in the below areas- applicants are encouraged to specify their desired location in district or region in the application: Kasungu, Mponela, Mzimba, Karonga, chitipa, Ekwendeni, Mchinji, Ntcheu, Zomba.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with at least three (3) traceable references plus copies of certificates including MSCE not later than 30th January 2024, to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged