Company: Chilema Ecumenical Training and Conference Centre
Chilema Ecumenical Training and Conference Centre invite applications from suitable and experienced person to fill the vacant post of:
Reporting to: The Executive Director
- Supervise staff and the preparation of all food handling personnel and food preparation areas;
- Ensuring food is prepared as per food preparation requirements.
- Produce the centre’s menu and ensure plate presentability and total quality management.
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available.
- Teach new staff required skills to perform their role.
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff.
- Ensure that any staffing issues are resolved fairly and quickly and report to the relevant authorities on the same.
- Manage kitchen stocks to ensure that wastage is minimised by careful supervision of food preparation methods.
- Ensure that the entire Kitchen is kept clean and hygienic at all times and be able to implement quality standard as per Malawi Bureau of Standards.
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilised.
- Ensure staffs are aware and follow safe work practices at all times.
- Be able to handle catering business in the absence of the administrative secretary.
- Proven experience as chef
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability in delegating responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Must be computer literate.
- Certificate in Food production from any recognized institution and Diploma will be an added advantage.
- Malawi School Certificate of Education.
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years work experience in any reputable hotel set-up.
Application letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) plus names of three traceable referees and their contact numbers should be sent by e-mail or delivered by hand to:
The Executive Director
Chilema Ecumenical Training and Conference Centre
Private Bag 2, CHILEMA
Or by email to: email@example.com Phone Numbers: 0 999 258 526/0 996 294 135
Applications to be received not later than 19th January, 2024. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
All official correspondences to be addressed to the Executive Director.