Company: Telekom Networks Malawi (TNM) Plc
CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER
Telekom Networks Malawi (TNM) Plc invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Chief Commercial Officer.
Telekom Networks Malawi (TNM) Plc is one of the leading telecommunications companies in Malawi dedicated to building world class digital solutions to empower every Malawian and connect Malawi to the world. We are seeking an experienced and visionary Chief Commercial Officer.to join our dynamic team and lead the commercial team to new heights.
The Chief Commercial Officer is responsible for shaping and executing the overall commercial strategy. This is a leadership role that reports to the Chief Executive Officer and crucial in achieving TNM Plc strategic objectives.
- Contributes to TNM’s Strategic Business Plan, developing direction and plans for marketing, business services, customer services and sales and distribution.
- Drives revenue growth by identifying new business opportunities, developing innovative pricing models, creating strategies to upsell and cross-sell services to existing customers and maximize revenue streams.
Develops and implements pricing strategies that ensure competitiveness in the market while maintaining profitability.
- Identifies and enters new markets, both domestically and internationally, by evaluating market trends, assessing competition, and developing strategies to position TNM for success in new territories.
- Develops customer acquisition strategies, improves customer experience, and implements retention programs to reduce churn.
- Collaborates with product development teams to introduce new offerings or enhance existing ones and aligns products with market needs and customer preferences.
- Identifies and develops strategic partnerships and alliances, negotiates agreements, and oversees the implementation of collaborative initiatives aimed at expanding TNM’s market and customer share.
- Shapes and manages the company’s brand image by overseeing marketing campaigns, public relations efforts, and ensuring that the company’s messaging aligns with its overall strategic objectives.
- Leverages data and analytics to gain insights into market trends, customer behavior, the effectiveness of commercial strategies and enabling data-driven decision-making.
- Develops and optimizes distribution channels such as retailers, dealers, and online platforms, to ensure that products and services are readily available to customers.
- Works with legal and regulatory team to ensure that the company complies with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Provides leadership to the commercial team, sets performance targets and implements training programs essential for achieving commercial objectives.
- Leads the Commercial Services Division to achieve revenue targets and customer acquisition.
Qualification, experience and desired skills
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Financial Management or any related field
- Minimum 8 years working experience in marketing at a senior managerial level.
- Experience in the telecommunication industry is an added advantage.
Key skills – strategic planning, customer and results orientation, negotiation, leadership, excellent communication and business acumen.
TNM Plc is an equal opportunity employer and therefore encourages all qualified candidates to apply for this position. Interested applicants should send the application letters, curriculum vitae and name of three traceable referees through an email to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
Telekom Networks Malawi (TNM) Plc
5th Floor Livingstone Towers
Glyn Jones Road
P.O Box 3039,
Closing date for receiving applications is Tuesday, 5th December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.