Company: Salima Sugar Company Limited
Salima Sugar Company Limited (SSCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Malawi under the Companies Act with postal address P.O. Box 200, Lilongwe whose Head Office is situated at Plot 588, Area 3, Lilongwe.
SSCL is a subsidiary of Greenbelt Investments Holdings Limited and its Partners. The Company’s business is development of sugar plantations, production of sugar and its by-products for the Malawi and export markets.
The Company is now looking for a dynamic and well-versed individual to fill the position of CHIEF ENGINEER.
A chief engineer is the highest-ranking engineer within our Company’s Engineering Department. He is responsible for leading a team of engineers to manage the Factory. He works closely with other engineers and technicians to safely and effectively manage our plant. He will be reporting to the Chief Executive
Key responsibilities: –
- Communicating the goals of the company to all engineers and professionals in the team.
- Supervising every phase of the plant from Cane Yard to sugar output silos.
- Calculating costs, material, labor, and time required for each process.
- Approving budgets and expenditure.
- Delegating tasks to engineering teams.
- Supervising staff training as well as equipment installation.
Performing quality control checks on all systems and products.
- Quickly resolving disputes between staff.
- Acknowledging or rewarding good work.
- Analyzing data and drafting reports for review.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant engineering field (Master’s degree preferable).
- Membership to an Engineering Professional Body
- At least 7 years of experience leading or supervising a team.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and restore morale to a team.
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to process negative feedback and remain professional.
- The ability to work onsite and in the office.
The job offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Qualified and interested candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of three traceable referees to the address below, no later than Monday, 31st January 2024 to the following address:
The Executive Board Chairman,
Salima Sugar Company Limited
P.O. Box 200, Lilongwe.
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER