Company: National Bank of Malawi Plc
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
National Bank of Malawi plc, a leading financial institution in Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the post of Chief Financial Officer tenable at its Head Office in Blantyre which will soon become vacant.
The main purpose of the job is to monitor and control the Bank’s financial performance and participate in strategy and policy setting towards enhanced profitability and ensure sound overall financial management and performance in line with the strategic plan, accounting standards and risk management guidelines.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will among other duties be responsible for:
- Setting the finance strategy and objectives of the Bank for approval by the Board.
- Providing financial leadership and decision-making support to the Chief Executive Officer and Management Committee.
- Maintaining the integrity of the Bank’s financial information.
- Managing and reviewing shareholders’ and other stakeholders’ reporting.
- Assessing and managing financial risks, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and implementing effective financial policies, procedures, and controls.
- Implementing and monitoring the Bank’s annual budget.
- Conserving resources of the Bank.
- Handling taxation issues.
- Managing capital, liquidity, and balance sheet.
- Providing strategic financial input concerning investments in subsidiaries and projects.
- Providing leadership and development of finance team.
Requirements for the ideal candidates are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA) with at least 15 years post qualification experience plus a master’s degree in Accountancy, Finance or any other relevant field from a recognized university.
- Not less than 5 years’ experience at senior management level.
- Demonstrated understanding of the commercial banking industry, including knowledge of financial products, services, and market trends.
- Ability to work within budget, tight deadlines and with limited resources.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as Financial Services Act, Banking Act, Reserve Bank of Malawi Directives, Malawi Company Law, and Taxation Law.
- Ability to define priorities and to assign resources in pursuit of short-and long-term goals.
- Knowledge of database computer applications, strong project management and analytical skills, a sense of drive and self-motivation, good interpersonal, judgement, planning and organizational skills.
Applications together with detailed and updated CVs should be forwarded to the addressee below not later than 23rd February 2024.
Head of Human Capital
National Bank of Malawi plc
P.O. Box 945
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.