Company: Public Procurement & Disposal of Assets Authority (PPDA)
The Public Procurement & Disposal of Assets Authority (PPDA) was established by an Act of Parliament to regulate the procurement and disposal of Public Assets in Malawi. PPDA mission is to provide a professional, efficient, and effective regulatory, monitoring and oversight function on all public procurement and disposal matters. To accomplish its mission, PPDA is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following vacant post.
Job Title : Chief Procurement Officer
Grade : PPDA 5
Location : PPDA Offices, Lilongwe
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Deputy Director General, the Chief Procurement Officer will be responsible for facilitating procurement of goods, works and services and disposal of assets in line with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Act and other related regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, he/she will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities.
- Initiating review of procurement policies, strategies, annual procurement plans/work plans and budget
- Consolidating annual procurement plans and coordinating their implementation
- Procuring goods/works and services in liaison with user departments and in accordance with corporate Guidelines and Public Procurement Act
- Preparing Tender Documents
- Coordinating the preparation of Procurement Notices for advertisement with the media.
- Organizing and coordinating the opening of Tenders and Proposals.
- Being a secretary for evaluation and IPDC meetings and providing technical advice.
- Preparing bid evaluation reports for IPDC for approval and records.
- Coordinating inspection of goods and equipment supplied.
- Conducting performance rating and supplier appraisal for all suppliers of goods and services.
- Building good working relations with specific suppliers.
- Preparing periodic reports
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have Bachelor’s Degree in either Procurement, Purchasing and Supply or Supply Chain Management, with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in procurement and disposal of assets at senior level.
- Must be a paid-up Member of MIPS.
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Good knowledge of Malawi Government’s public procurement and disposal policies.
- Thorough knowledge /understanding of procurement systems,
- Use of Microsoft suite of programs to produce documents, spreadsheets, Power Point presentations and flowcharts.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement tools such as e-Tender systems and contract management systems.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, versatility, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications, experience, Knowledge, abilities, and skills should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 19th January 2024, to the:
Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Authority,
Private Bag 383,
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
PPDA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, nationality, ethnic or social origin, disability, property, birth, marital or other status or family responsibilities.