Company: Circle for Integrated Community Development (CICOD)
CLIMATE JUSTICE COMMUNITIES (CJC)
Circle for Integrated Community Development (CICOD) is a Non Governmental Organisation established in 2004 to empower local communities to determine their own development needs through active participation.
It envisions a Malawian society where communities are empowered to address their own development needs
through active participation. CICOD aims to empower the poor, vulnerable and marginalized communities and
households to take a leading and active role in challenging and reducing poverty using integrated rights-based
programming. CICOD anticipates to implement a three year (2023- 2026) Climate Just Communities Project funded by Scottish Government in Phalombe district.CICOD, therefore, invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: CJC MEAL Officer (1 Position)
Reports to: CJC Project Coordinator
Location: Phalombe District
- Design data collection instruments to monitor outputs, outcomes and impact of the programme to be used at both community and programme level using both survey techniques and participatory monitoring techniques.
- Train partner staff and programme participants in data collection and reporting, and provide technical support and oversight.
- Develop performance tracking tables and reports.
- Supervise and coordinate data collection activities at both community and district levels and provide technical backstopping.
- Maintain database systems for the programme. Managing and updating data on the database regularly.
- Together with the Project Coordinator, properly documents the achievements and lessons of the project activities and disseminate to partners. This includes registering assistance on programme participants’ databases if applicable
- Bachelors’ Agriculture, Developmental Studies, Statistics or any closely related qualification.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation and associated suitable tools development, survey implementation and analysis, and evidence-based programming
Method of applications
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and CVs and provide names and contacts of three traceable referees to CICOD by 19th January, 2024 using firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate on the email subject the post which you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
CICOD is an equal opportunity employer which considers all applications based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, tribe, marital status or disability.CICOD is committed to Safeguarding people within its programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. All new hires in CICOD are required to complete a Self-Declaration Form and sign up to the Code of Conduct contained in CICOD’s Safeguarding policy.