Company: Circle for Integrated Community Development (CICOD)
CLIMATE JUSTICE COMMUNITIES (CJC)
Circle for Integrated Community Development (CICOD) is a Non Governmental Organisation established in 2004 to empower local communities to determine their own development needs through active participation.
It envisions a Malawian society where communities are empowered to address their own development needs
through active participation. CICOD aims to empower the poor, vulnerable and marginalized communities and
households to take a leading and active role in challenging and reducing poverty using integrated rights-based
programming. CICOD anticipates to implement a three year (2023- 2026) Climate Just Communities Project funded by Scottish Government in Phalombe district.CICOD, therefore, invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: CJC Project Coordinator (1 Position)
Reports to: CICOD Programme Manager
Location: Phalombe District
The primary function of the role is overall management of Climate Justice Communities (CJC) project and human resources at district level.
- Project management: Ensuring quality and timely implementation of CJC project activities to deliver project goals and objectives at the district level; monitor and promote integrated CJC programming in order to increase overall project impact; support regular monitoring and reporting on the project activities at the district: phased budget and actual expenses analysis, work-plan progress and updating, data collection and analysis and monitoring of indicators.
- Finance and budget management: support CJC project budget performance to ensure that projects are on course as per detailed implementation plans and phased budgets; conduct CJC project monitoring, suggest necessary revisions and prepare draft reports for corrective actions; monitor, analyse and report budget variance on time and with accurate information
- Project narrative and financial reporting: Organize and facilitate progress review meetings to address key
performance issues from the reports; review overall budget versus actual expenditure analysis and variance
explanations; develop, implement and evaluate quality assurance measures; regular assessment, monitoring and evaluation of the project against its objectives and expected results.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning: Support assessments, baseline and evaluation studies,
documentation of projects case studies, putting in place a functional activity tracking table; prepare and
provide regular progress reports in coordination with the MEAL Manager; monitor and ensure that projects
quality benchmarks are satisfied; collect and manage complaints and feedback in coordination with CFM focal person; monitor projects activities to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to CICOD policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Public Administration, Project Management or any relevant field; 10 years working experience at management level in a busy non governmental organization;
- Demonstrated experience in development and management of Climate change projects with firm grounding in community mobilization;
- Knowledge of Climate change policies, processes and systems in the country as well as government and non-government actors. Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically a wide range of stakeholders;
- Practical experience working within relevant ministries preferred; Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic reports;
- Experience of financial planning and expenditure monitoring as well as budget management; Experience of community participation, ownership and empowerment and Ability to work effectively with government, community leaders, international/national organizations, donors, partners and other relationships.
Method of applications
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and CVs and provide names and contacts of three traceable referees to CICOD by 19th January, 2024 using firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate on the email subject the post which you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
CICOD is an equal opportunity employer which considers all applications based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, tribe, marital status or disability.CICOD is committed to Safeguarding people within its programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. All new hires in CICOD are required to complete a Self-Declaration Form and sign up to the Code of Conduct contained in CICOD’s Safeguarding policy.