Company: Malawi Against Physical Disabilities
Malawi Against Physical Disabilities is a non-governmental organization which provides free medical rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities in Malawi through physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, provision of assistive devices and many more. We run outreach programs through regional offices in Blantyre, Zomba, Lilongwe and Rumphi. We also run the Kachere Rehabilitation Centre situated in Blantyre, which is the only referral facility for persons with disabilities in the country. We also produce assistive devices in workshops placed in the regional offices.
With support from the Malawi Government, through the Ministry of Health, we are looking for suitable candidates to work in various professions to fill in vacant positions and help us achieve our goals and objectives in fulfilling our mandate. The positions are as follows:
CLEANER (3 POSITIONS) MAP 7
A hospital cleaner is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment in a healthcare setting. We are seeking an individual who is reliable and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Clean and sanitize patient rooms and other areas of the hospital
- Collect and dispose of garbage and hazardous waste
- Replenish supplies such as soap, paper towels, and toilet paper
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors
- Dust and clean surfaces
- Assist with setting up patient rooms
- Follow proper infection prevention and control protocols
- Report any maintenance or repair needs to the supervisor
- At least MSCE or its equivalent
- Should be physically fit, honest and hard working
- Prior experience in cleaning or house keeping
- Flexible with working schedules including night shifts
- Knowledge of cleaning with chemicals, proper storage and disposal of the same
- Good time management skills to avoid disturbing clinical schedules
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates should submit their applications either by dropping hard copies at our Head office in Blantyre, at Kachere Rehabilitation Center, along Chipatala avenue; or electronically through firstname.lastname@example.org; or by post to The General Manager, MAP, P.O Box 256, Blantyre. Remember to include your relevant certificates and updated CV with three traceable referees. Applications to reach Head Office by 15th of December 2023.